01. Slow-motion videos of waves.
Book (although the
house used in the film was magnificent). Because: Continue reading
01. It’s like
all the dreams I didn’t even know I had, have come true. Continue reading
01. My 16yo returned from his sailing adventure. They motored into Williamstown, with the crew on the masts. It was an incredible sight, and a fitting end to what I think was a life-changing fortnight.
01. I had an ace day in the Yarra Valley last week (much wine, a superb lunch at
Tarra Warra, and my first visit to Four Pillars distillery where the sales staff probably made their monthly quota after our visit – specifically ‘Espy’ Gin, breakfast negroni, and because I love negronis, this). Continue reading
01. It’s school holidays in Australia. We spent a few days with family in Kyneton (with some mountain-biking in Harcourt and a hike to the summit of Hanging Rock). Continue reading
2019 Miles Franklin Award goes to Melissa Lucashenko for her novel, Too Much Lip. Check out Lisa and Sue’s reviews.
job in Maldives has come up again… I’m thinking I’ll apply in seven years (when my kids have finished school) – it can be my middle-aged gap year… Continue reading
01. Saw Michael Pollan talk about his latest book,
, at Melbourne Town Hall last week (we’re so lucky to have the How to Change Your Mind Wheeler Centre organising these events for Melburnians). His stories about his research were very entertaining. (pic via MMA) Continue reading