01. My Yarra River walking project continues – this week a slice of Britain with enormous oaks and pear trees (planted in the 1850s) lining the River.
01. The NGV Triennial exhibition was absolutely outstanding. Highlights: Salon et Lumière; the Fallen Fruit wallpaper; Dhambit Munuŋgurr’s bark paintings and larrakitj in shades of blue; the story behind Pirjo Haikola’s biopolymers and urchin-corals; and my very favourite, Cecilie Bendixen’s delicate clouds (above). Continue reading
01. Supernova was devastating (I took a box of tissues….). And really good. Go see it. Continue reading
Has there ever been such a grim title? Sorry, it’s the Pollyanna in me. I started writing Things That Are Making Me Happy posts seven months ago, when Melbourne went into its first lockdown. There was a brief gap between lockdowns one and two, but not enough for anything to feel ‘normal’. For me, that’s changed in the last two weeks and being able to see family and friends, and enjoy some dinners out, has been marvelous.
So, before I immerse myself in Melbourne’s ‘new normal’, I thought I’d remind myself of the highlights of ‘happy’. Here’s a quick summary of the best stuff – Continue reading
01. I promise not to post pics of my local every week… But being able to go swimming again is making me VERY, VERY HAPPY. Continue reading
To be honest, it’s been a really horrible week, and I’m scratching around for the bright spots…
01. Spring is here and the weather has been glorious – perfect timing for our new two-hour walk allowance. Continue reading
Could I pick a more unlikely group of books to review? No. Continue reading