01. Barbie movie (complete with pink cocktails – granted, they involved Malibu – from The Budgie Bar). Seriously, this movie is everything. Hilarious, thoughtful, fun, a little bit sad (in a reflective way) – simply brilliant. Continue reading
01. I’ve been to numerous fashion exhibitions at the National Gallery of Victoria but I think Alexander McQueen has been the best – loved how his work was displayed alongside paintings, clothing and other artifacts that provided the inspiration for his collections. And the work and detail in the pieces was astounding. Continue reading
01. A day in Castlemaine: Continue reading
01. In my happiest of places. Continue reading
01. Two days in Warburton to progress the Yarra River walking project. We’ve still got lots of in-between bits to walk but we headed to our ‘start’ – the Upper Yarra Reservoir, which is almost at capacity – see the treetops underwater in the foreground of the pic above?! There are loads of excellent walks, and we’re already planning our next visit.
The things I love about swimming:
The specifics: I’m a medium-laner; always a 50-metre pool; always outdoors (all year round).
The Swimmers by Julie Otsuka is a novel in two parts. The first is about an indoor pool and its swimmers. Swimming can be a great leveler, and Otsuka captures this in her descriptions –
We suffer from bad backs, fallen arches, shattered dreams, broken hearts, anxiety, melancholia, anhedonia, the usual aboveground afflictions. Continue reading
01. The bit where the sea and the sky meet. Continue reading
01. It’s been approx. 80 days and my rotator cuffs were like rusty wheels… but BEST SWIM. Continue reading