01.Obviously Sinéad O’Connor’s death does not fit with the title of this post, but I’m using this space to remember her.
Sinéad’s music was a big part of my youth, and her bravery and defiance was remarkable to 19yo me. Her incredible memoir, Rememberings, revealed another side to her anguish, and I read that book through tears and laughter (she had a wicked sense of humour). I hope she has found her peace. Continue reading
01. Barbie movie (complete with pink cocktails – granted, they involved Malibu – from The Budgie Bar). Seriously, this movie is everything. Hilarious, thoughtful, fun, a little bit sad (in a reflective way) – simply brilliant. Continue reading
01. Was lucky enough to score a ticket to the MIFF launch. Which also meant I got a hard copy of the program. Which in turn allowed for early access to tickets. Yay! Have booked a bunch –Ama Gloria; Past Lives; Showing Up; Blackberry; How to Have Sex; Fledglings; Fairyland and the Little Richard doco. Continue reading
01. A brilliant night at Denmark House for the Spirit of the North dinner (part of the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival). And no, wasn’t daunted by the many, many shots of akvavit that were paired with each morsel – totally took it in my stride 😀 Continue reading
01. The Picture of Dorian Gray is, without question, the most amazing and creative thing I’ve ever seen on stage. This article explains how some of the incredible staging was achieved. Continue reading
01. Morning walk was accidentally interrupted by breakfast at Cumulus Inc. (BTW that’s a smoked trout frittata with crème fraiche, and madeleines with bergamot curd in the background). Continue reading
01. My very dear friend gave me a very special birthday present – an ink and water colour of my family beach house at McCrae. A simple fibro shack, crammed full of happy memories. The house has long gone from my family, but McCrae remains my absolute favourite place to be. Continue reading