Cathy at 746 Books is hosting the 20 Books of Summer reading challenge again this year. As Cathy explains, it’s the most relaxed reading challenge you’ll participate in (swap books out, change your target, do whatever). The challenge is straightforward – read twenty books between June 1st and September 1st.
As I’ve done in previous years, I’m using this challenge to read predominantly from my to-be-read stack.
Of course, it’s winter in Melbourne. So while Cathy et al. is enjoying the Irish sunshine, I’ll be rugging up. The last few years, I’ve compared the Irish summer with the Melbourne winter on the day I finished each book. I’ll do it again this year.
Here is my Summer (Winter) reading list (with spots free for my book group picks and whatever takes my fancy):
01. Eleven Kinds of Loneliness by Richard Yates
02. The Master by Colm Tóibín
03. Unquiet by Linn Ullmann
04. The Blood Miracles by Lisa McInerney
05. Blueberries by Ellena Savage
06. Wintering by Katherine May
07. The Echo Chamber by John Boyne
08. The Group by Mary McCarthy
09. Crossroads by Jonathan Franzen
10. Still Life by Sarah Winman
11. Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
12. Fierce Attachments by Vivian Gornick
13. Nothing to See Here by Kevin Wilson
14. Monogamy by Sue Miller
And audiobooks I’ll only count if I run out of time…
01. Bear, Lion or Wolf by Olivia Arezzolo
02. Admissions by Kendra James