02. This job in Maldives has come up again… I’m thinking I’ll apply in seven years (when my kids have finished school) – it can be my middle-aged gap year…
03. Not pretending otherwise – I’m excited.
04. Two things I’ve watched and enjoyed last week – the Netflix movie, The Fundamentals of Caring (based on the book by Jonathan Evison, which I only just realised I own but haven’t read. Drat. Because: first book, then movie). And the BBC mini-series, A Very English Scandal (shown in Australia on Foxtel).
05. I had completely forgotten about Scorched Peanut Bars and now I want one. And a Sunnyboy, and a Pollywaffle, and a Milo Bar (remember how they would suck every bit of moisture from your mouth?).
06. Anyone used Blinkist? I guess microlearning is useful if you have lots of material you have to get through but it just feels contrary to everything I try to do (i.e. slow down).
07. Yay! Got tickets for a-ha and Rick.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop by, say hi.