01. I feel depressed about the Australian election result for all sorts of reasons and on so many levels.
02. We were chatting about Madonna’s Eurovision performance last night at book group (obvs). Some people hadn’t seen it. “It’s terrible! She’s so flat!” said those that had seen it. So we got the YouTubes out and watched. And it didn’t seem so bad… Perhaps we misheard because we’d been up so early….? Or MAYBE MADONNA HAS DUBBED OVER THE HORRIBLE PERFORMANCE AND POSTED THAT ON YOUTUBE?!
04. One play and two operas in the past few weeks (Cosi, Rigoletto, Cosi fan Tutte). Was fun to see Cosi from different perspectives in the same week. Rigoletto was superb (disturbing but beautiful) although there was perhaps more drama off-stage than on.
05. Nothing to see here.
06. Yes, it’s ‘climate crisis’ not ‘climate change’.
07. I included a link to this article in my Andrew Sean Greer post but I must highlight his reference to this article (because Leanne Shapton. Because SO TRUE). Psychoanalyst Adam Phillips says – “The vulgar refuse to miss out”.
08. This list of books featuring travel might be useful for filling in some Around the World in 80 Books gaps.
09. I didn’t know The Goldfinch was being made into a movie (thanks for the alert, Liz).
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop by, say hi.