I’m not a book-prize-tart* but I have warm-fuzzies for the Stella Prize.
The 2016 Stella Prize longlist was announced half an hour ago, so this news is fresh via Twitter. Here ’tis –
1. THE WOMEN’S PAGES by Debra Adelaide
2. THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD by Stephanie Bishop
3. PANTHERS AND THE MUSEUM OF FIRE by Jen Craig
4. SIX BEDROOMS by Tegan Bennett Daylight
5. HOPE FARM by Peggy Frew
6. A FEW DAYS IN THE COUNTRY: AND OTHER STORIES by Elizabeth Harrower
7. A GUIDE TO BERLIN by Gail Jones
8. THE WORLD WITHOUT US by Mireille Juchau
9. A SHORT HISTORY OF RICHARD KLINE by Amanda Lohrey
10. ANCHOR POINT by Alice Robinson
11. THE NATURAL WAY OF THINGS by Charlotte Wood
12. SMALL ACTS OF DISAPPEARANCE: ESSAYS ON HUNGER by Fiona Wright
I’ve only read one but have another four lined up in the TBR stack. And I’m busting to read Small Acts…
It’s going to be a great reading year.
*I just made that up but it’s someone who only reads book-prize winners so that they can pontificate loudly at dinner parties.