1. Eclipses are ace, aren’t they?
3. Last week I wrote a post, Lately, checking in on what I was currently ranting about. I already need to amend it:
- Listening: Serial S1 (I know, how very 2014 of me). But seriously guys, I’m cross that you didn’t make me listen to this sooner. I’m now in that Listen to Serial in Every Spare Possible Moment stage of life*.
- Watching: UnREAL – heard about this last year. Australia has finally caught up. It’s good.
4. The Stella Prize shortlist is announced today (at noon**). My predictions:
- A Guide to Berlin by Gail Jones
- The Other Side of the World by Stephanie Bishop
- Six Bedrooms by Tegan Bennett Daylight
- The World Without Us by Mireille Juchau
- The Natural Way of Things by Charlotte Wood
- Small Acts of Disappearance: Essays on Hunger by Fiona Wright
5. I’m still wondering why Shirley Barrett’s Rush Oh! didn’t make the Stella longlist…
6. And yes, an early call (particularly as I haven’t read all of the Stella longlist books), but I reckon Charlotte Wood has it in the bag.
7. This Shit Bar Idea Generator cracks me up.
8. It will be winter in Melbourne before I even know it. I hate winter. Maybe a seasonal pin set will make it more bearable?
9. Now I’m putting this clip here not because I think everyone needs a drumming lesson but because I know I’ll be looking for it for my son (who is a drummer) at some point and I won’t remember the deets.
10. As they say, don’t rule something out until you’ve tried it…
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop over and say hi.
*Please note, I’m also in a Serial media blackout, so no spoilers please.
**So obviously I’ll be going book shopping at 12.10pm (because of this loophole in my book-buying-ban).