01. Morning walk was accidentally interrupted by breakfast at Cumulus Inc. (BTW that’s a smoked trout frittata with crème fraiche, and madeleines with bergamot curd in the background).
02. Two films at the Scandinavian Film Festival –
- the spectacular Nordic by Nature, a documentary about the world’s most remote Michelin star restaurant, in the Faroe Islands
- and Matter of Trust which explored trust relationships from the point-of-view of five characters. It was a little unnerving and I spent the whole time with a sense of dread.
04. How is it that I’ve only just heard about the Studley Park Gum?! Planning a walk for next week to see one in the wild.
05. Watched: Persuasion (Netflix) – didn’t love the breaking of the fourth wall but it provided light mid-week viewing. Also watched The Lost Daughter (Netflix) – another film where I felt tension and dread for an hour and a half!
06. And on the topic of Persuasion, this fun quiz (but only after you’ve watched).
08. I always forget how eighties the nineties were…
09. Blood oranges and sour cherry juice.
10. When we traveled around Europe in 2018, we passed a picturesque boathouse, the forest behind it covered in snow. My son, who is currently in Europe, returned to the spot, photographed it in summer and did a little bit of tricky editing.