01. I’ve finished uni for the semester. Now I’m planning six weeks of fun.
02. It’s too late for thoughts on Eurovision and the Royal Wedding (but I loved it all).
03. The ex-town-planning student in me is thrilled by Melbourne’s new public spaces. Even more so because they’re associated with public transport.
05. I get totally sucked into these sorts of lists. Now I want to go to Budapest.
06. Let’s talk Handmaid’s Tale S2: I’m enjoying it but it’s fallen into that Hollywood trap of having to have something happen and resolved all in one episode. The reason S1 was so good was because it followed the narrative arc of the book – the slow build across the entire season.
I’ve been thinking back to other television shows that have been really, really gripping and the one that comes to mind is Homeland S1 – like Handmaid’s S1, it was all about the slow build across the entire season.
07. On Chesil Beach, the movie. I can’t wait (it’s in my top three McEwans).
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Stop by, say g’day.