01. Are we excited about the Man Booker 2017 longlist? I’ve read two (Exit West – didn’t like it much at all; Swing Time – loved some bits, other bits not so much) and have one more in the reading pile (The Underground Railroad). I’m intrigued by 4 3 2 1 and Lincoln in the Bardo. Tell me who you think will win and I’ll endeavour to read those before it’s announced so I can feel smug about being ahead of the curve 🙂
02. Was kind of hoping to see Sara Baume on that longlist…
03. Melbourne Writers Festival bookings made. I’ll be seeing Heather Rose, Joyce Carol Oates, Alice Pung, Kate Grenville, Megan Abbott, Elizabeth Kostova, Kate Holden, Jenny Valentish, Kate Cole-Adams, Randa Abdel-Fattah, Maxine Beneba Clarke, AS Patrić, Tracy Chevalier and Hannah Kent. How lucky am I?!
04. I’ll take a Zelda or a Virginia, thanks (from the book – A Drink of One’s Own: Cocktails for Literary Ladies).
05. Stop. Everything. #mintslice
06. Don’t really know why this made my daughter and I laugh so much but it did… (especially #8)
07. Saw Baby Driver this week. Obviously it’s completely over the top but the way the soundtrack was incorporated? So clever. And the cinematography? Brilliant. And the Barbra Streisand line? Gangsta.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Stop by, say g’day.