Resolutions. Some years I embrace them, other years I save time and discard all thoughts of them one minute into the New Year. I have no grand plans for 2013, short of a vague desire to ‘get back on the water’ (in my life before kids I rowed. I miss it. Every time I see a crew on the Yarra there’s a twinge of envy. Maybe 2013 is the year to get back in a boat… Just to see if I still love it as much as I did then).
But on to resolutions I can keep. Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new ‘top ten’ challenge is posted – anyone can join in. This week’s topic is Top Ten Books I Resolve to Read in 2013.
So I’m cheating a little on this. My first five book resolutions are actually book lists… See what I did there? I cleverly turned a Top Ten into a Top Forty (of fifty… or sixty).
1. The books remaining on my Mount TBR challenge. I highly recommend this challenge – excellent for curbing compulsive book-buying.
2. The books on my Top Ten Most Anticipated Books for 2013 list.
3. The books on my Top Ten Tuesday – ABC… My Alphabetical Author List Has Some Gaps.
4. The two unread books on the ‘Top Ten Aussie Books You Must Read Before You Die’ list. In fact, I might also attempt some re-reads from this fab list.
5. The five books I’ve already listed for the Australian Women Writers Challenge 2013.
8. Tell the Wolves I’m Home by Carol Rifka Brunt – ditto no. 7
10. Seating Arrangements by Maggie Shipstead – ditto no. 9…. are you sensing a theme here? There’s a handful of blogs I read and reading buddies I have that never fail me when it comes to a recommending a good book.
Crumbs. Didn’t even mention my NetGalley list….