Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new ‘top ten’ challenge is posted – anyone can join in. This week’s topic is the Top Ten Most Anticipated Books for 2013 .
It seems almost obscene to be ‘looking forward’ to new releases when my TBR stack is towering… But here goes.
1. The new Bridget Jones novel by Helen Fielding – I can’t wait to see what Bridget is up to now.
2. A Thousand Pardons by Jonathan Dee – I’ve read a few books by Dee and really loved the bizarre Palladio. Dee writes about modern families with sharp insight – looking forward to the latest (and I have an advance copy so stay tuned for an early review).
3. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell – it’s a high school love story set in 1986… It might just take me back to my own high school love story in 1986 (his name was Robert Evans…. but I’m over him, truly. Really. Barely remember his name.)
4. The Aviator’s Wife by Melanie Benjamin – the comparison to Loving Frank was enough to win me.
5. Raising Cubby by John Elder Robison – Look Me in the Eye was brilliant and I can’t wait to see what happened in Robison’s life next.
6. Little Known Facts by Christine Sneed – must admit, it’s all about cover appeal with this one.
7. The Comfort of Lies by Randy Susan Meyers – my light chick-lit pic for holiday reading.
8. The Mothers by Jennifer Gilmore – not released until April but I’m already hearing stuff (good stuff) about it.
9. The Love Song of Jonny Valentine by Teddy Wayne – again, sucked-in by the comparisons (in this case Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close).
10. The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer – looks interesting!