01. The bushfires burning out-of-control across vast areas of New South Wales and Queensland are unprecedented for this time of year and are of unprecedented intensity, yet still the politicians in power won’t mention the ‘c’ words… (image by photographer Martin Von Stoll).
02. How did a new book by Bri Lee escape my attention until now? Beauty is Lee’s reflection on body image.
03. I really loved the graphic recording of proceedings at Broadside: ‘Memory is a Creative Act’.
04. John Irving regularly shares the quirks in his writing habits. Now I have to go back through all of his books looking for semicolons.
05. Speaking of Maine (we weren’t but fans will understand the jump from Irving), what’s with my obsession with Maine Cabin Masters? It’s not like I’m ever going to own a cabin in Maine…
06. Someone mentioned yesterday that it’s nearly the end of the decade and I was all ‘What?! Where did ten years go…?!”
07. We often have a jigsaw puzzle on the go at our house – if you like jigsaws and need a challenge, this.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop by, say hi.