Happy International Women’s Day everyone and hooray for the 2019 Stella Prize shortlist.
Although I’d read half the longlist, I wasn’t prepared to make predictions, short of telling everyone that they simply had to read The Arsonist, and that Bluebottle spoke to me on many levels. So that panned out well…!
To the hot-off-the-press shortlist:
- Little Gods by Jenny Ackland
- The Bridge by Enza Gandolfo
- Pink Mountain on Locust Island by Jamie Marina Lau
- The Erratics by Vicki Laveau-Harvie
- Too Much Lip by Melissa Lucashenko
- Axiomatic by Maria Tumarkin
I’ve only read one (and halfway through The Bridge); have two more (Ackland and Lau); and will get my hands on the others. The winner is announced on April 9, 2019.
Time to get reading!