1. This* is what I’ve been looking at this week. It’s driving my Mint Slice consumption up considerably.
2. So my review** of The Paris Wife attracted some thoughts. I should add to the review that Pauline was a piece of work as well. And the old saying “Marry the mistress, create a vacancy.”
3. It’s Miles Franklin time. Ace shortlist. I’m cheering for Hartnett and London.
4. Absolutely devastated that I can’t get to this event. Hearing Favel Parrett talk about the sea is very high on my list of things to do.
5. I was totally addicted to this for a solid hour earlier in the week. Just call me Marcia.
6. I haven’t mentioned Eurovision nearly enough today. You guys know Australia was allowed in, right? This is very, very, very big news for Eurovision devotees. It probably happened because we were like the person who keeps showing up at parties uninvited. Someone took pity and said “Just let them in…”. I can’t tell you the joy it brings me to hear the hosts say things like “The votes have come in from across Europe…” *pause* “…and Australia.”
7. Related: apparently one of the most Googled questions about Eurovision 2015 is “Is Australia in Europe?” Ha ha ha ha ha ha.
8. My Twitter friend (and now IRL friend) Nic popped down from Brisbane for the Real Housewives of Melbourne finale. Shut up. We all have our vices. Check out Nic’s very fine episode re-caps (I actually enjoy them more than watching the show).
9. There’s been a whole bunch of stuff in the media about politician Joe Hockey and a swimming pool. Which brings to mind one of my favourite television moments.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop over and say hi.
* if anyone has any clues, please let me know 😉
** using the term very loosely.