Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new ‘top ten’ challenge is posted – anyone can join in. This week’s topic is ‘Top Ten Books On Your Fall *or in my case Spring* TBR List’.
I would love, love, love to list a whole bunch of brand new and ‘coming soon’ books but I’m sticking to my Mount TBR challenge and going with the following ten:
1. Foal’s Bread by Gillian Mears – Winner of the 2012 Prime Minister’s Literary Award for Fiction
2. Sweet Tooth by Ian McEwan – I’ve enjoyed most of McEwan’s books so looking forward to the latest.
3. Monkeys by Susan Minot – someone recommended this ages ago and it’s been sitting in my TBR pile for eons. Now is its time!
4. Wife 22 by Melanie Gideon – ditto above
5. The Starboard Sea by Amber Dermont – totally sucked in by the prep-school cover.
6. Swimming Studies by Leanne Shapton
7. The Sweet Life series (they’re short novellas) by Francine Pascal – confession: I was a Sweet Valley High addict in the eighties. I pounced on Sweet Valley Confidential when it was released last year and although I found it somewhat difficult t o read about Elizabeth and orgasms in the same sentence, I enjoyed it in the unique way that one does when re-living a teen moment.
8. Catching the Sun by Tony Parsons – I have long been a fan of Parsons although his last couple of books haven’t pulled the heart-strings the way his earlier books did. I’m hoping this is a return to ‘vintage’ Parsons.
9. Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout – not sure how I missed this Pulitzer prize winner…
10. One Last Thing Before I Go by Jonathan Tropper – when I first read Tropper, I loved his writing style so much that I immediately bought all of his books. But I didn’t read them all at once. Instead, I’ve been stringing the pleasure out and in fact I have a few more to read as well as his new release, One Last Thing Before I Go.