01. My Yarra River walking project continues – this week a slice of Britain with enormous oaks and pear trees (planted in the 1850s) lining the River.
01. They were filming an ad when I was swimming this week (hence the stupid lifeguard chair). I’ll let you know if I appear in the background. Continue reading
01. I’ve just returned from my annual fortnight of salt water. It was glorious.
Sample Saturday is when I wade through the eleventy billion samples I have downloaded on my Kindle. I’m slowly chipping away and deciding whether it’s buy or bye. Continue reading
01. The NGV Triennial exhibition was absolutely outstanding. Highlights: Salon et Lumière; the Fallen Fruit wallpaper; Dhambit Munuŋgurr’s bark paintings and larrakitj in shades of blue; the story behind Pirjo Haikola’s biopolymers and urchin-corals; and my very favourite, Cecilie Bendixen’s delicate clouds (above). Continue reading
TV Series, because: Continue reading
01. My Yarra River walking project continues. Today we followed the River through Ivanhoe. Pic is taken under the Banksia Street Pipe Bridge. Continue reading
Has there ever been such a grim title? Sorry, it’s the Pollyanna in me. I started writing Things That Are Making Me Happy posts seven months ago, when Melbourne went into its first lockdown. There was a brief gap between lockdowns one and two, but not enough for anything to feel ‘normal’. For me, that’s changed in the last two weeks and being able to see family and friends, and enjoy some dinners out, has been marvelous.
So, before I immerse myself in Melbourne’s ‘new normal’, I thought I’d remind myself of the highlights of ‘happy’. Here’s a quick summary of the best stuff – Continue reading