01. Yay! I scored Taylor Swift tickets. My daughter is beyond ecstatic.
02. Melbourne Theatre Company’s incredible Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar & Grill – the story is based on one of Billie Holiday’s last shows at a small bar in Philadelphia. A brilliant end to our theatre year.
04. It was a marathon, but a happy one – my friend and I smashed all four episodes of the Robbie Williams doco in one sitting (sustained by Thai takeaway and gin and tonics).
05. I hate buying jeans… until I find excellent ones.
06. Listening: Betrayal (S2) podcast – it’s confronting.
07. Watched: Nyad – the casting is terrific (and I tackled my swim with a little more oomph this week).
08. Also watched: the fascinating Revenge: Our Dad the Nazi Killer at the Jewish International Film Festival. There was an interesting introduction by a staff member of the Melbourne Holocaust Museum, who said that some people see ‘revenge’ as living a full and happy life, whereas others seek atonement. Made me think back to Kate Rossmanith’s book about remorse (a flip side of revenge??), Small Wrongs.
09. The city is looking festive 🙂