01. Dozens (or hundreds?…Felt like hundreds) of gin distillers at Junipalooza. We did our bit to support local industry. My absolute favourites for the day:
- 5Nines Gincello (IKR?!) and Wild Citrus gin (might have had something to do with distiller Rupert, smacking those mint leaves around…)
- Hapusa Himalayan Dry Gin and their Cricket Bat Gin (it’s all in the story).
- Ambleside’s No.8 Botanical and Mandarin Gin (it isn’t flavoured as the name might suggest, but it’s very much citrus-forward and was served with a light tonic and a sliver of fresh ginger – delicious).
02. Basically spent every spare moment this week watching The Split. Bawled through the last few episodes. So Good.
04. Kicked off the British Film Festival with:
- Mrs Harris Goes to Paris – the absolute epitome of ‘feel good’.
- Living – a quiet, gentle film which emphasied the importance of the small moments (and a must-see for all the town planners out there). Incidentially, the screenplay is by Kazuo Ishiguro.
06. When I haven’t been listening to Olivia Broadfield, I have been listening to the podcast We Were Three.
07. My daughter did a lino cut of a local ‘landmark’ in the town where we stay over summer. Immediate happy-vibes when I look at it.
09. I never get tired of Olive and Mabel.
10. Fiji. Next year. Yay.