01. Friday night at the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival with very, very dear friends – we enjoyed 21 (!) cicchetti and six Italian wines at Ombra. Highlights:
- Mostarde Di Carote Con Senape e Prosciutto (slow-cooked carrot, prosciutto and mascarpone on lavosh)
- Mozzarella in Carozza Alla Veneziana (essentially a deep-fried mozzarella sandwich – IKR?!)
- Baccala… always baccala.
- Selva Capuzza Chiaretto ‘San Donino’ 2020 (not usually a rosè drinker, but this was delicious)
02. The event was the launch of Emiko Davies’s book, Cinnamon and Salt – Small Bites from the Lagoon City. Half the enjoyment of cicchetti is not having to do the work that goes into each tasty morsel, but I will certainly be attempting the slow-cooked carrot.
03. Sack of Sorrows might not sound like something to make me happy, but the creativity and sentiment behind this grief project is wonderful.
04. Finally a book that has truly lifted me out of my reading-rut – don’t be fooled by the cover, it’s part of the dark humour.
05. Listening: Eurovision 2022 playlist.
06. Hate winter. Love scarves.
07. Added a few grey hairs and my blood pressure went up a couple of points but geez, Carlton’s win this arvo was exciting.
08. Some of my kids are junior umpires. One of them got their MCG debut 🙂 on Saturday night. Fun.