This time last year, I was feeling really worn out as a result of Melbourne’s COVID situation (little did I know how much more was ahead). I certainly wasn’t doing much reading, despite having oodles of time on my hands.
This year, I was supposed to be at Ningaloo Reef, diving, and snorkeling with the whale sharks, before heading to Perth tomorrow. We cancelled the trip a few weeks ago because Melbourne was in another lockdown, and Western Australia have been firm on keeping their borders closed until states have weeks of zero cases. I appreciate the irony that right now, Melbourne is the place to be, given that the bulk of Australia is in lockdown – had we been in Western Australia, we’d be stuck in a hotel room.
2021 so far…
My reading challenges are going well (again, stark contrast to last year’s efforts) –
- Australian Women Writers Challenge – complete (pledged 10 books, have read 18).
- What’s In a Name – six categories, completed five.
- Memoir Reading Challenge – complete (pledged five books, read ten).
- Nonfiction Reader – halfway through the 12 categories.
- Around the World in 80 Books – read six (pledged 10 this year).
- Mount TBR – read 17 toward my goal of 48 (this is always my toughest challenge!).
And lastly, because I can’t say ‘halfway’ without this earworm… (you’re welcome).