01. A little getaway to Bendigo for the Mary Quant exhibition at the Bendigo Art Gallery. It was terrific (especially understanding her ahead-of-the-times marketing strategies).
02. Bendigo trip included dinner at the cosy Railway Hotel in Castlemaine (the food was top notch); breakfast at the always good Harvest Cafe; and the obligatory stop at Malmsbury Bakery on the way home.
03. A day at the Hot Springs – nothing better than a sunny (but crisp) day spent sitting in 38°C mineral baths, and chatting with a great friend.
04. On the back of listening to Brat by Andrew McCarthy, and feeling a little peaky after my second Pfizer, I had a day-long McCarthy retrospective – Class, St Elmo’s, Mannequin.
05. Start of the German Film Festival – I began with How I Taught Myself to Be a Child – weird and funny, of the kind particular to German cinema. Book-ended the film with far too many (or perhaps exactly the right amount?) cocktails at Nick & Nora’s and Berlin Bar (we sat in the East).
And in case you’re wondering, there’s bergamot smoke captured inside the bubble of the gin, Aperol and passionfruit cocktail. I know right?! Magic.
06. Project Yarra is starting to become a little more remote, and ‘off-track’… (pic taken in deep Eltham).
07. My favourite winter nail polish.
08.This forthcoming doco about Anthony Bourdain.
09. Gossip Girl reboot!