01. Hello Europe (and Australia)! It’s Eurovision time. I was up at the crack-of for the first semi this morning. Lots of thoughts but my picks from round one (in order) –
- Albania – for it’s 90s vibe
- Ireland – hear the crowd roar at a certain bit
- Finland – a good song and a lucky-ticket wheel!
- Czech Republic – Fresh Prince meets 80s-Sportsgirl-prep
- Bulgaria – can’t argue with the lyrics… Also, doesn’t this have a pleasing Goldfrapp feel?
Thought Switzerland would have made it through for their stand-up/ stand-on drumming work alone. I know everyone is loving Cyprus but really, Eurovision is not for Beyoncé-wannabees. And if we are voting on pure Eurovision-ness alone, Israel is the winner.
04. Can I have one of everything from this new Gorman collection?
05. Not a mobile phone in sight… this article is wonderful.
06. I have a great weakness for baby neck-folds.
07. Bruce, a squeezebox and a Pointer Sisters cover – does it get better? (Hint: no).
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Stop by, say g’day.