01. It was cloudy all day yesterday and I honestly thought I’d lose my shit if I didn’t get to see the Super Blue Blood Moon… thankfully, the sky was clear when the action started around 11pm. I didn’t try to take photos. I just enjoyed it (the pic above is from here). It was spectacular.
02. Honestly, I don’t buy many books these days (because this) but… these arrived in the mail today – A Tragic Honesty by Blake Bailey (thank you to Lakeside Musing for the recommendation) and The Novel Cure by Ella Berthoud and Susan Elderkin (which I discovered via Bookish Beck’s post on bibliotherapy. And I’ve just realised that I failed to actually comment on her brilliant post because I had so much to say and ask that I didn’t know where to begin…).
03. Finally saw The Teskey Brothers live (last week at Zoo Twilights). It absolutely pissed down but it didn’t stop the concert. It was ace. Here’s their brand new song:
05. I’m not really into baking but will be filing this blood orange yogurt cake away for next September (which is when we get blood oranges in Aus).
07. I’ve just started training to be a volunteer biography writer for a palliative care program. I also signed up for an online course about understanding dementia (thanks for the recommendation Lisa). Hoping I have time to fit in uni in March…!
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Stop by, say g’day.