Book bloggers love posting reviews of books… But it’s the posts about the other stuff that tend to get the most interaction. Or is that just me? Anyway, yesterday’s Top Ten Tuesday topic was not about books but about other random facts. Here’s ten things about me:
01. My Papa taught me how to clear a wave in the surf and then later, how to bodysurf. I still think of him every time I dive under a wave.
02. I loathe the colour purple. Loathe. But I love the smell of violets… (a shame so many things that are violet scented are also purple).
03. Once my husband asked me to rank my three favourite operas and it took me so long (of thinking aloud) that he called an end to the exercise (for the record, and still in no particular order: Lucia, Butterfly and either Fledermaus or Aida… See? I still can’t decide and he only asked the question 20 years ago).
04. I used to row and think often about getting back in the boat (my back and knees aren’t so keen).
05. I’m choosy about my trashy tele – we all have our limits, right? My all-time favourite is Gossip Girl.
06. Whenever I visit a new place on holiday I buy the most touristy souvenir tea-towel I can find. My collection is marvelous.
07. I’ve never eaten at Subway – that’s not a policy decision, it’s just that the smell of the place is revolting (I walk by our local one often).
08. I have a bird phobia. Actually, anything with wings near my head (so butterflies are out). I blame St. Mark’s Square in Venice.
09. I hate the cold, can’t even think about snow and yet the number one place I want to visit is Iceland (it’s the cliff/sea interface that attracts me).
10. I think a swim in the sea solves everything.