1. I’m still in two minds about Go Set a Watchman. I have a copy… But the whole situation just doesn’t sit right with me. And the news of a third book by Harper Lee made be all the more uncomfortable.
2. So last week I saw Magic Mike XXL. Don’t judge. If you’ve seen it, you’ll understand that the film is a satire – without a plot, in the traditional sense. Or a script that was worked on for more than half an hour. It’s basically a soundtrack, with bare chests, fire phobias, nods to Flashdance, level 3 Reiki healers, Backstreet Boys and artisanal pro-biotic fro-yo.
4. Actually, so many seminal moments in Magic Mike XXL it’s hard to know where to begin. Thankfully the people who wrote this article channeled all my thoughts.
5. Am I going straight to hell for talking more about Magic Mike than Go Set a Watchman?
7. While I’m on the topic of sangria, here’s my favourite recipe (via my friend, Edwina) –
Bottle of red (Merlot works well)
3 cups chilled lemonade
1 cup chilled fresh OJ
3 tblsp Cointreau (sometimes a little more than that accidentally goes in)
1 orange, sliced into small wedges
handful of mint
2 cups of ice
Cubed Granny Smith apple, optional
Stir with whatever the hell you can find, or a sangria spoon* if you’re lucky enough to own one.
8. Cosplay for food.
9. It’s been around for years but Tiger and Turtle is on my to-do list for my next big trip** to Germany.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop over and say hi.
* Long story, don’t ask.
** No actual trip is scheduled but it will happen.