You’re going to think I’m weird. A little obsessive-compulsive. But since I finally got around to organising all my book reviews into a handy list, ordered alphabetically by author, there’s something that has been really bugging me. The gaps.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new ‘top ten’ challenge is posted – this week’s topic is a freebie so I’ve decided to list some authors that I MUST read so that my alphabetical list has at least one author for each letter of the alphabet. At this point, some of you will totally understand this need for completeness. Others will think I’m a total nut.
So, the letters missing authors are (in alphabetical order of course):
1. I Came to Say Goodbye by Caroline Overington
2. One True Thing by Anna Quindlen
3. The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman
4. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
5. Marry Me by John Updike
6. Miss Garnet’s Angel by Sally Vickers
7. The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim
9. The Easter Parade by Richard Yates
10. The Post Office Girl by Stefan Zweig