No posts from me this week other than this – on Wednesday night COVID hit me like a tonne of bricks, and I spent three days in bed, hardly able to move an eyelash. Thankfully feeling vastly better today, and able to reflect on a few things, namely how ace the week started out (see no.1-5). I should emphasise that as I enjoyed no.1-5, I was fully masked (lucky in retrospect, because that is precisely when I was contagious) but my daughter and I were in the vast minority. It was stressful to observe so few people in indoor, public spaces without masks.
01. Staycation with my daughter at the W (picked for the pool).
02. We went to the Chanel exhibition at the NGV – obviously it was stunning, and we obsessed over the trims; the smocking; the bead-work; the tiny, tiny stitches.
03. Also at the Gallery – the Bark Ladies exhibition – an amazing collection of work by Yolŋu women artists from North-East Arnhem Land. I especially loved the pieces in non-traditional colours, and the pieces depicting billabongs (below).
04. The Lume – exceeded expectations, and was incredibly relaxing to ‘sit’ in Van Gogh’s paintings.
05. And finished with a visit to the Museum to see the Triceratops (you’re never too old to be thrilled by dinosaur bones).
06. German Film Festival is back.
07. Watching: Starstruck S2 (S1 was a TV highlight last year).
08. My favourite shade of yellow.
09. My friend Sam brought me some cornflake biscuits from Freshwater Creek Cakes. They are exactly like my Nana used to make – whenever we visited you would always find them in the biscuit tin. Grief and food combined…
Apologies for not leaving comments on other blogs this week – I’ll be back in action soon.