01. New Year’s Eve gin.
02. I made the most delicious pea, fetta and mint tarts for New Year’s Eve. The recipe came via my sister-in-law, who got it from a friend. I tracked it down to Annabel Crabb’s book, Special Delivery (now out of print), via an article by Julia Baird about the joy of cooking for others.
03. Nectarines. How delicious are they this season?!
04. Watching Love Me (Foxtel/ Binge) – one of those stories that I was engrossed in from the first minute (note that it’s about grief and bereavement). Added bonus, it’s filmed in Melbourne and I recognise lots of the locations (and saw Hugo Weaving filming a scene at Merri Creek one day when I was out walking).
05. We needed an easy puzzle and this was ideal.
06. New skirt (it has yellow in the print and pockets, so it’s perfect). Pockets are essential IMO.
07. Bit obsessed with neon peach nail polish.
08. I realised that I missed reading my AY (Annual Yates) last year. Huh. So, happily choosing which one it will be for this year – I have two unread to date (A Special Providence and Eleven Kinds of Loneliness) and one that I read so long ago that it’s due for a reread (Liars in Love). Thoughts?
09. After not much action for weeks, the avocado seed has sprouted new leaves.