02. Another big (and terrific) week at MIFF –
- Freshman Year – real, sad and funny coming-of-age story with a ripping soundtrack
- Little Tornadoes – (co-written by Christos Tsiolkas) stories about kids losing their mothers always make me cry. This one, filmed in Yarroweyah and Tocumwal, was beautiful
- The Gig is Up – sobering doco about the gig economy
- Bulletproof – truly frightening doco about school shootings in America. Bulletproof ‘fashion’ hoodies are a thing for kids…
- Set! – the highlight of the Festival for me. It’s a doco about the cutthroat world of table setting competitions (known as tablescaping).
04. This article actually made me cry (but it makes the list because I’m happy that words can move me so quickly).
05. I’m late to the Dude With Sign party, but I’m there now and he cracks me up.
06. So good to not have to turn the heating on…
07. Lockdown 6.0 in full swing! (it’s a Galison puzzle)