01. Melbourne Writers Festival program – an apt theme, given our uncertain times. In The Comfort Book, Matt Haig quotes film director Jean-Luc Godard who says a story should have a beginning, middle and end, but not necessarily in that order. Is it fair to say that we’re all craving classic narratives and conclusive endings, right now?!
02. Re: MWF, I’m looking forward to Douglas Stuart, Helen Garner, Jennifer Down, Jacinta Parsons, and a couple of online events. Crossing my fingers that more tickets are released for the Meg Mason and Bri Lee events.
03. So many of my friends have been in quarantine (we had a local exposure site), and they’ve just got out. I am deeply, deeply grateful to the 20,000+ people in Victoria who quarantined (and still are).
04. Silver (glo)mesh.
05. I had two really excellent GPs but both left the clinic rather abruptly (change in management). Anyway, I tracked them down, and both are working at clinics near me. Never underestimate the importance of a good GP.
06. One of my kids is in the process of picking VCE subjects. So glad that kids aren’t railroaded into uni courses by their subject choices like they were when I was that age. Also so glad that my son is clear about what he enjoys.
09. Sunken Cherry and Lemon Cake from Classic German Baking.