01. Should I be mildly concerned that Holy Sugar gave me some extra (unbelievably good) passionfruit sponge because I’m a ‘regular’…? No, not concerned, thrilled (in this week’s bakery edit – passionfruit sponge with lemon curd, pistachio and cream; apple, cinnamon and walnut fritters; Pepperberry s’mores).
02. More from the German Film Festival
- Backstage Vienna State Opera – I won’t bore you with everything I loved about this doco except this fun fact: they have some bee hives on the roof and the honey collected is given to private patrons.
- The Audition – gripping with a terrific twist.
- Berlin Bouncer – really impressive doco that focused on three nightclub bouncers who worked through the eighties and nineties and saw the changes in popular and underground culture when the Wall came down.
- The Perfect Secret – an absolute ripper and probably my favourite of the Fest.
03. Indulged in a HayU subscription so that I could access the terribly trashy but addictive Below Deck Sailing Yacht S2 (don’t judge, I count it as self-care). Anyway, the series was filmed toward the end of last year and what struck me was the fact that people are taking holidays during COVID – was weird to watch Americans and Brits sailing in Croatia (all COVID safe) in the context of Australia’s ‘no-one-go-anywhere’ COVID strategy.
06. Curatif’s cocktails this month included a Midori Illusion – (took me straight back to Marmalade on Sunday night at The Warehouse). Half the fun of Curatif is the narrative included with each delivery –
07. That special brand of smugness when you hand an essay in early (I am now 80% of the way through my latest round of study – remind me to take a break if I entertain a new course next year).
08. I loathe the colour purple but love the scent of violets (they’ve just started popping up in my garden and I’m keeping tiny, fragrant bunches on my desk).