01. With the football season over, my dear friend Sam and I have moved our weekly ‘therapy walks’ to spots along the Yarra (in footy season, we walk the oval where our kids train – it’s not as lovely as the river).
02. In other news… I got a new job! Can’t say much more about it other than the fact that I am thrilled.
03. Finally got to a couple of the movies on my list – Pavarotti (made me cry. Particularly loved the bit when Bono said “…the music has been performed thousands of times but what makes Pavarotti unique is that he allows his heart to break every single time…” ); Blinded by the Light (such fun), and Parallel Lives (although I wasn’t convinced by the format, there was so much in this doco that I hadn’t seen before).
04. Is this even legal? It seems disrespectful to food on multiple levels.
05. Related: I have to cater for 14 for Christmas lunch and 11 for Christmas dinner… on the upside, I won’t have to leave the house so my Christmas Day will be heavily gin based.
06. Fairly sure I’ve already posted this TED talk about dementia but it’s worth watching again.
07. Pool life.
08. I’ve mentioned my TV habits previously (refresher: I read well and watch crap).
09. Obsessed with Hanami nail polish (particularly Pink Moon and Tides).
10. Saw the MTC production of White is the New Black last night. So funny – get to it if you can, Melburnians.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop by, say hi.