01. Do I ditch my family, uni, life in Melbourne and apply for this?
02. Not everyone is loving the avant-garde program at this year’s Melbourne Writers Festival. They’re obviously entitled to their opinion although they should get their facts right (Carly Findlay is an author). Interestingly, I have a few friends and acquaintances who are attending the Festival for the first time this year, simply because there are sessions that appeal (the shift of focus from ‘books’ to ‘writing’ has grabbed new audiences – whether that’s at the cost of bookish types remains to be seen).
04. Australian politics is a joke (not in the same way as US politics, but a joke nonetheless). This was last week’s best tweet.
05. Seriously, I CAN NOT add another podcast to my list (they’re crippling my phone storage)… But, this list for when I need something new.
06. More books that I have to read before the movie is released: We The Animals by Justin Torres, The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters, and Bel Canto by Ann Patchett.
07. I love an ‘as discussed’.
08. Always fascinated by photography projects such as these.
09. Book review bingo.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop by, say hi.