01. I went to a couple of MEL NYC dinners last week. The winner was the Starward Distillery’s whiskey cocktails and ‘street food’ event. Cocktails were spectacular, food delicious and the venue was superb.
03. It’s Book Week parade at my daughter’s school tomorrow. She’s going as Smile by Raina Telgemeier.
04. This article about laughter by Charlotte Wood (with quotes from Anita Brookner, Anne Enright and Elizabeth Strout).
05. Work is going to get in the way of some of the Melbourne Writers Festival events I’d booked. Can’t do anything about it (but devastated).
06. You know when you find a new local restaurant and it’s your instant favourite? That. Would it be rude to drink the Béarnaise sauce from the jug? *asking for a friend*
07. Stop everything. The Hills is back.
09. I haven’t added a new cloud to my cloud-spotting list for months, so had to quickly pull-over when I spied the rare and fleeting pileus – I like to think of it as the comb-over cloud.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop by, say hi.