01. I took my daughter to the Katy Perry Witness concert last week. As always, Perry was FUN, energetic, and wearing amazing costumes. Highlights: the staging for Swish Swish and the eighties South Beach vibe for her Teenage Dream set (bad pics but you get the idea).
02. I can’t redo my Six Degrees post but I did think of an alternative first link – when I saw the movie version of Atonement I was in a cinema with very few people. The film had been going 20 minutes when a mouse ran on to the arm of the seat next to me. I am so scared of mice (I know, it’s ridiculous) but after that, I couldn’t concentrate on the film. I should have just left but I knew it was the last weekend the movie was showing. Needless to say, I finished the movie a nervous wreck. My first link could have been to Stuart Little by E. B. White.
03. I need to add The Wife to the list of things I’ll be seeing before reading.
05. Look at these swimming-themed book jackets (compiled by Fictionophile) – nice.
06. I’ve only listened to two episodes but so far, loving the podcast, Household Name.
07. I’ve been reminded of two important things this week: firstly, sometimes ‘good’ people do ‘bad’ things. It happens. Don’t be too quick to judge. Secondly, on the topic of judging, remember that you never really know what shit people have going on in their lives.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop by, say hi.