01. The winner of this year’s Miles Franklin Literary Award is Extinctions by Josephine Wilson. I haven’t read it (yet) but the blurb suggests a bit of an Ove feel. Am I right?
02. Woohoo! Won my first Goodreads giveaway – The Trauma Cleaner by Sarah Krasnostein. I realise this book won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but it’s something I’ve always wondered about.
03. Rebecca Harrington has a new book out next year – Sociable. Obviously I’m busting to read it (because this).
04. How to spend a decade’s entertainment budget in one week: Melbourne Theatre Company subscription; Opera Australia subscription; Priscilla tickets; Paul Kelly tickets; and Robbie tickets *wallet catches fire*
05. PlansMatter – it’s Airbnb for architecture lovers. This and this and this and this are now on my bucket-list. And because it’s in my neck of the woods (relatively speaking), this (and the bit about cars in the third paragraph of the description is exactly what we used to do).
07. And lastly, we just got Netflix so I’ll see you in twenty years.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Stop by, say g’day.
Ha-ha…Yes, that’s so true about Netflix. Enjoy!
Hope you love the places on your Bucket List.
Congrats on the Goodreads giveaway. I enter all the time, and have yet to win. It’s good to know that someone is winning…and that it’s not a prank. LOL.
Enjoy your week, and here are MY BOOKISH/NOT SO BOOKISH THOUGHTS
I have plans for a Frank Lloyd Wright tour of the US… I can keep dreaming!
I don’t enter lots of Goodread giveaways because there always seems to be so many entrants and I figure they’re unlikely to want to post to Australia over the US. But this book I REALLY wanted so I got lucky 🙂 I guess you’ve got to be in it to win it!
Very seductive holiday homes. Need a second income though, or may be a third and fourth…
Or a quick lottery win…
The Trauma Cleaner sounds fascinating, but I fear I’m too squeamish!
Stay tuned for a review (it will come with warnings if necessary!).
I actually don’t watch as much Netflix as I thought I would. Having said that I binged on stuff I’d been waiting for when I first got it (9-10mths ago) but now go for a month or more without putting it on. Reading kinda interferes with my TV watching. I don’t allow myself to do either during the day (why, I’m not sure) so it only leaves me nights.
I’ve not read Extinctions at all and I have to confess I’d not even really heard of it! And yes, I’m a literary heathen! 🙂
I suspect I’ll be the same with Netflix – there’s a bunch of things I want to binge-watch (namely The Crown) and probably a few movies as well but after that…
I didn’t follow the Miles Franklin very closely this year and had only read one on the shortlist (which I really didn’t care much for). I usually get around to reading the winner at some stage.
I want all those Freddos!
#2: That looks great! I’m very jealous. I try to enter goodreads giveaways daily, but I’ve been slacking lately.
RE: Netflix. It’s fun to binge when you first get it, although they have been more heavy with their original programming (some is good, some is not) so they cut some of my favorite things. I go quite a while without watching, though my son uses it daily.
I’d love to read Extinctions but the price is way too high in the UK
Ah! Thanks for letting me know Paul Kelly was touring! Just purchased tickets for his October show in Seattle. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Congrats on the Goodreads win. It sounds rather fascinating