01. Our German dinner was such fun (have been eating lots of greens since, to strike some balance…).
02. We did end up making our own Mohrenkopf. Nearly had a nervous breakdown in the process (very fiddly).
03. I downloaded a bunch of podcasts a month ago but only now sifting through them. The measure of a good podcast? If I stay sitting in the car to listen to a bit more… So, My Dad Wrote a Porno is the current winner. Hilarious.
04. It’s not a porno as such – it’s erotic literature. You can buy the actual book, Belinda Blinked. Or there’s a special annotated edition.
05. Animals, the movie. Hope it reaches Australian shores.
06. I’ve always joked that if I was Minister for Health, I’d make everyone swim in the sea… (no thought about the logistics of this policy decision, obvs).
07. This blood orange tequila fizz.
08. Want versus need…
09. Saw Lion. Cried for two hours. So good.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Swing by, say g’day.
I’m so impressed you made your own Mohrenkopf!
Probably would have been easier to fly to Berlin and pick some up but….
Your German feast looks fabulous!
It was very good. I’m possibly still digesting 😀
I spotted the curry sauce. I’ve been to Berlin three times but have managed to avoid a curry wurst. Did you make one?
I must see Lion… and La La Land. Both are on my list. As is My Dad Wrote a Porno as I keep hearing how great it is!
Is that spaetzle in the first photo at the top? I love spaetzle- especially with cheese or with a stew and gravy. Your feast looks amazing, but I totally get the need for greens afterwards. I spent a ski season in Austria one year and after I left all I wanted was green vegies and salads 🙂
It is indeed. I made cheese Spaetzle – was delicious. Surprised any made it to the table because the kids were standing there eating it from the pan 😬
Pingback: Wigs on the Green by Nancy Mitford | booksaremyfavouriteandbest
Pingback: Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts | booksaremyfavouriteandbest