1. Stop. Everything. How did I not know that Suzanne Rindell has a new book out?
2. Ate lots of Easter eggs on Sunday* and wore my activewear all day because it was so strenuous.
3. Which brings me to this article. I laughed so hard, I snorted.
“So, Easter Bunny, please relax on the healthy shit for just one day. There is a time and a place to be an uptight tossbag about food, and Easter is not it. Please fill our Easter baskets with chocolate and our hearts with the will to continue living.”
4. And don’t you think ‘hip gold’ sounds so much better than ‘muffin top’? (for more German-word-glory, check out this article).
5. Went to the Warhol-Weiwei exhibition at the National Gallery Victoria last week. Fantastic. Particularly loved the exhibition space and use of wallpapers. The flowers were my favourite.
6. Because I’m all about podcasts now, I’m up-to-date with Serial S2 and refreshing my feed like a lunatic, waiting for the next episode to drop. I’ve also started listening to The Sodajerker and Deliciously Stella (and now I know a new game – Fridge Tapas – which is same but different to another one of my favourite games, Freezer Roulette).
7. I’m bingeing on the last season of Downton at the moment. After sitting through five and a half seasons, husband chooses now to ask questions such as “What did he do?” and “Who’s that?” #FFS
8. Of course, Downton is all about the Dowager-Countess. Her gem from the last episode I watched – “Does it get cold up there, on your high moral ground?”
9. For those playing along at home, the squid-jig-tally is sitting at $355 (lots more squid in my fridge, fewer jigs in the tackle box and a few steps closer to that clutch…)
10. I’m not in love with the US cover for The Natural Way of Things (on the left) – is it too obvious? Is the Australian edition actually more sinister (you have to look carefully to see the knives, chains and shackles)?
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop over and say hi.
*not restricted to Sunday TBH