1. Merry Christmas, Season’s Greetings, and for those who find tinsel distracting, Happy Festivus.
“Frank invented a holiday? He’s so prolific!”
2. Curtis Sittenfeld has a modern retelling of Pride and Prejudice coming out next year. It’s called Eligible and I expect it will be brilliant.
3. I’m not signing up for any more reading challenges but Rory, this is tempting, obvs.
4. I was excited to hear that Claire Fuller has a new novel in the works (and it sounds ace).
5. My current TBR stack total is 402. File that under H for Holy Hell.
6. I mentioned this cookbook months ago – made two salads from it last week and both were brilliant (that’s the roasted beetroot with caramelised turnips, edamame beans and wasabi mayo below).
7. Things I’m looking forward to: this and this.
8. On more than one occasion, I’ve wished I was Anthony Archer-Wills. He recently featured the best pool I’ve ever swum in.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop over and say hi.
Heathers the musical? Be still my heart! The salad looks yum too, I’ll try it when I’m in recovery from Christmas stodge 🙂
IKR?! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Heathers – I’m sure they’ll do it justice.
The salad book is sensational. I decided in Spring that I had to make more exciting salads this Summer, so I’ll be slowly working my way through the book. The other one I made had roasted sweet potato, puy lentils and spicy candied walnuts – delicious.
Merry Christmas – thanks for a great blogging and reading year 🙂
Thanks Brona and Merry Christmas to you as well!
Merry Christmas! Oh, that pool… I’ll be dreaming of it all week!
It’s probably terrible to say swimming in that pool was one of the highlights of my life but…. it was!
#3 – I said I would try to stay away from reading challenges next year, but that one is tempting.
#6 – That looks delicious!
It’s probably good to be obsessed with a salad cookbook as opposed to one about, say, chocolate :-/ That’s what I’m telling myself, anyway…
Yum. I love a salad or three! Eligible will be on by TBR list. I’m a sucker for a bit of P&P.
I think you need the salad book, Kate. Amazing.
And you’ll also need Eligible, when it comes out (I’m crossing my fingers for an advance review copy given that it’s my year of reading from what I already own).
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Kate! 🙂 And godspeed with your TBR stack xD
OMG, can’t wait for the Curtis Sittenfeld P&P!!
In Sittenfeld’s hands, it’s got to be good (sometimes retellings make me nervous…).
I may very well be able to do that challenge based on my TBR list. Maybe I’ll do it and use it as inspiration to read my own books!