1. I just love this far too much. It’s probably got something to do with the fact that it was my favourite song on my favourite compilation album (1982 With a Bullet) in the eighties.
Which reminds me of this.
If you want the original, listen here.
2. Thank goodness I had plenty of chocolate to off-set the Yates I read over Easter. He does depressing so well.
3. Hurrah! It’s opera season in Melbourne. Saw Eugene Onegin last week (sublime) and Rigoletto last night. I’ve always loved Rigoletto, even though it’s a bit of (what I call) a ‘pasta-ads opera’ (some people recognise pieces of classical music from advertisements – parts of Rigoletto have been used many times). Anyway, Opera Australia’s new production didn’t disappoint – it was lush, rich and dark in all the right places.
Imagine being one of the lucky people to have seen this production:
4. My book group meets roughly once a month. Every month before we get together I do the ‘when-should-I-start-reading-the-book-and-will-I-finish-it-in-time?’ jig. I don’t want to read it too early (because I’ll forget the bits I want to discuss*) but if I leave it too late, there’s the danger of having to cram to finish. Am I alone in this?
Christine at Bookishly Boisterous started this meme – get amongst it.
* I use the term ‘discuss’ loosely because my book group is really more about wine.