Counting down my top five holiday drinks:
4. Beer in Berlin. Available on every street corner. Comes with compulsory Currywurst.
3. Cocktails at The Folly.
We did our due diligence and sampled many. My favourites involved gin –
- Goldfish in a Bag (pic below) – little bird gin, hangar one mandarin vodka, rhubarb bitters, pink grapefruit ‘fish’, fever-tree tonic
- Love Potion #9 – little bird gin with elderflower, raspberries & aphrodite bitters
2. This German Riesling. I’m still dreaming about its crispness.
1. Champagne at the top of the Eiffel Tower. As you do. Note that the only thing you could buy at the top of the Eiffel Tower was champagne. Of course.