1. In a day or two, I’m going to write a whole bunch of self-indulgent posts about my holiday. Brace yourselves. In the meantime, this is all the other stuff that’s been going on.
2. Jet-lag. It really, really sucks (appreciate the fact that the flight from Melbourne to London is 23 hours. I ate breakfast eleventy billion times in row.) I feel like this:
3. Uni has started. Honestly, looking at parasitic-ridden horse blood under a microscope filled my heart with joy. In contrast, I felt my age when kids starting taking selfies while waiting in the lab queue.
4. Re. no.3 – my happy moment with the microscope was confirmation that I have made the right decision regarding my mid-life-career-change-crisis.
5. This week, tickets to both the Robbie Williams and Katy Perry concerts in Melbourne became mine. Taking my daughter to Katy. It will be her first concert. Do you remember yours? Bizarrely, mine was Tina Turner (for reasons I won’t bore you with), followed soon after by Cyndi Lauper. It was the eighties.
6. While I was busy enjoying myself on The Continent, one of my friends set up a political party. As you do. Check out the Australian Equality Party – impressive, hey?
7. Have started an autumn book-buying ban. Did a three-month stint last year and it was good for my shelves (and my wallet). And then I ‘met’ Cathy at 746Books. Wow. File her blog under #ALLTHERESTRAINT …my three months should be a cinch.
8. I was asked to participate in an author chat this week about a book* that I thought was terrible. Didn’t they read my review? Nice to be asked, but seriously?! Awkward.
9. This. I can’t tear my eyes away. Shameful but true. It’s okay because it’s my hometown, right?
10. Have lost my reading mojo this week. I need to find something all-absorbing**.
Christine at Bookishly Boisterous started this meme – get amongst it.
* No, I’m not telling which book.
** Not fishing for suggestions because I have so many books in the reading stack – just need to find the right thing.