1. I’m so pleased that Christine made Bookish (and Not So Bookish) Thoughts an official thing. Join in at Bookishly Boisterous every Thursday.
2. Can’t wait for the Edward Steichen & Art Deco Fashion exhibition at the National Gallery of Victoria – opens next week.
3. Book trailers. Discuss (but only after you’ve watched this one).
4. How many days to break a habit? My three-month-long book-buying-ban should have smashed the 21-day make or break a habit rule and true, since my ban ended, I haven’t been on a book buying frenzy…
…until this week – Magda (how could I not after that trailer?!), The Circle by Dave Eggers, Mad About the Boy by Helen Fielding, Sense and Sensibility by Joanna Trollope (which I’ll surely regret), We Are Water by Wally Lamb and The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt.
5. I’m still trying to complete my university enrollment for next year. Seriously, the process is like death by a thousand cuts.
6. School holidays are over. Thank goodness because things were starting to unravel (as some of my tweets illustrate):
7. My washing machine died. Bugger it. Would rather be spending my $$ on item no.10 below.
8. Book lust – new Penguin Australian Classics hardbacks. Aren’t they lovely?
9. I loved this article on the 100 top things you honestly don’t need to do before you die published in The Guardian last week. Timely, because I was tired of tweets about Breaking Bad (no, I haven’t watched it and nor have I watched [or am likely to watch] Game of Thrones). Have I mentioned that television series and I have commitment issues? No? Well I’ll save it for another week.
10. It’s really, really lucky that Kate Spade don’t ship directly to Australia because otherwise serious credit card damage would have been done with the new library-inspired collection (especially this and this).