Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new ‘top ten’ challenge is posted – anyone can join in. This week’s topic is ‘Top Ten Bookish Confessions’ where I’m supposed to reveal all my deep, dark bookish related secrets. I’m not sure I have ten things to confess but here goes…
1. Haven’t read Harry Potter. Not a single one. No interest (I can hear you all collectively screaming).
2. I feel guilty buying books from places like Book Depository (because they are so cheap) – it does nothing to support independent bookshops in Australia or the local publishing industry. How do I sleep at night? Well, I always buy Australian authors in Australia, from an independent bookshop (and I read lots of Australian authors).
3. I think sometimes library books smell yuck (which means I don’t feel like reading them).
4. I put most of my book purchases on my ‘secret credit card’ otherwise my OH would have a conniption about how many books I buy!
5. I always fold the corner of pages.
6. I always write in the margins of books and underline passages that I like. Some people call this graffiti, I call it showing love.
7. I find it kind of annoying that the post on my blog that get the most hits (Fifty Shades of Grey) is not representative of my reading habits. At all. Note that my ‘review’ of FSoG is not nice.
And lastly (and hence the picture at the top) –
8. I do get a little peeved that my book group hardly ever discuss the book! That’s not to say what we DO discuss isn’t interesting but sometimes I really want to talk about what I’ve read.