01. Perfect night for a friend’s birthday party, with the added fun of The Casanovas.
02. Yay! First bits of the Rising program released.
03. Saw the film version of Miriam Toews novel, Women Talking – gripping and frightening and maybe the Oscar winner this year…?
04. Watched: Sisi (SBS OnDemand) – story of Duchess Elisabeth of Bavaria, who became the Austrian Empress. If you’re in the mood for visually-stunning-costume-viewing, this is it.
05. Baked vodka sauce gnocchi with burrata for the weeknight win (I’ve mentioned it before, but if you’re buying your gnocchi – because I’m not making it from scratch on a Monday night – Lello rules).
06. Listening: The Teskey Brothers’ new single, Oceans of Emotions (and pleased to hear that their third album is released June 16).
07. Also had a Damien Rice revival, and remembering that I had the album O on constant rotation in 2002.
08. Olgavision – when therapy and Eurovision come together. It was like a comedy show created just for me! Such fun.
You’ve quite tempted me to a Damien Rice revival this Sunday! I haven’t listened to O in ages.
Thanks for THe Teskey Brothers headsup.
A fellow fan? I love their music. Have you ever seen them live?
Just once before lockdowns. Taronga zoo has summer concerts and they played one of them – a good friend is a big fan & introduced us. We are now fans too 💃🏼
I think they’re even better live. Don’t know about NSW but their concerts in Melbourne sell-out in a flash!