01. We’re picnic-ing again. So good to see dear friends over cocktails and snacks.
03. Watching: I am obviously very late to Friday Night Dinner but it is screamingly funny.
04. Okay, not happy as such but the Melbourne earthquake certainly made the week memorable (for non-Victorians, that’s our Chief Health Officer, Brett). And it was a reminder that we really have very little control, do we?
05. Received an ARC of Hannah Kent’s new novel, Devotion – pitching my expectations somewhere between Burial Rites (one of the best books I’ve read) and The Good People (which perhaps suffered from second-novel-syndrome?).
06. There’s a baby magpie in our garden – simultaneously driving me mad (it’s very demanding of its parents) and enjoying the warbling. If you’ve never heard a magpie warble, it’s quite lovely (this video is not mine but gives you an idea of baby-magpie-shennanigans).
08. Very pleased the Dees won the AFL Grand Final – it made some close friends (who have waited their whole lives for this) very happy.
09. More magic from Holy Sugar (that’s Dulce De Leche, Almond & Pecan Tart; Butterscotch Crullers; and Chocolate Hazelnut Brownie).