01. Wah! We had a special dinner booked at Farmer’s Daughters but had to pivot for Lockdown 6.0. Thank goodness for our Florentino feast from Providoor. Highlight was the Baccalà, but the arancini; duck tortellini with caramelised pear; slow-cooked beef cheek; Tiramisu; and cannoli were also delicious.
02. When I heard the Victorian COVID numbers on day two of Lockdown 6.0, I didn’t feel despair… I just thought, ‘Okay, we’ll be in lockdown for a month,’ and I went into 2020-mode (which means the focus is on my walking roster, cooking elaborate meals, binge watching shows, and reading novels that don’t demand much of me).
03. The friend that I’m walking the Yarra with made me a book of our journey so far. I love it so much I cried.
04. And on the topic of #ProjectYarra, we’re back to walking in our 5km radius, but our river delivers (pic above is Burke Rd Billabong).
07. Also watching:
- The Pursuit of Love (Prime) – yes, based on Mitford’s book. It’s sublime.
- The White Lotus (Foxtel) – The family is so hilariously perfect – the teen daughter’s smirks (and reading), the mother’s Zooms, the father’s news about his family, the son sleeping in the kitchenette.