01. The NGV Triennial exhibition was absolutely outstanding. Highlights: Salon et Lumière; the Fallen Fruit wallpaper; Dhambit Munuŋgurr’s bark paintings and larrakitj in shades of blue; the story behind Pirjo Haikola’s biopolymers and urchin-corals; and my very favourite, Cecilie Bendixen’s delicate clouds (above).
02. The Bee Gees doco, How Can You Mend a Broken Heart – lots of facts I didn’t know, including that they wrote all their songs in the studio (i.e. turned up to record and started from scratch); and that Stayin’ Alive has nothing to do with dancing (but is actually about the social divide in New York in the seventies).
03. That bookings are no longer required at my pool.
05. A friend’s mum is a great believer in ‘active rest’ (which doesn’t mean do something active in your rest time, but means actively choose to do nothing). I don’t need convincing but if you do, this.
07. A little crocheted Anne of Green Gables, made for me by my daughter 🙂